Deadline Day: Insurance Corporation Conservation Awards
The deadline for entering the 27th annual Insurance Corporation Conservation Awards is fast approaching! The competition is open to all islanders from Guernsey, Herm, Sark, Alderney and Jersey with entries sought from schools, individuals, businesses, leisure and conservation organisations.
Entrants have the chance to win a variety of fantastic awards…
– Overall winner – receiving £1,500
– Runner-up – receiving £1,000
– Peter Walpole People’s Choice Award – receiving £500 (which is voted for by the public through Insurance Corporation’s website)
– Young Conservationist of the Year Award – prize depends on size and scope of the project
– School Award – for the School with the best project – receiving £500
Where possible all shortlisted entries will be visited by a team of judges, which includes local environmentalists and representatives of Insurance Corporation, who will choose the prize winners.
Judging in Guernsey will take place on Wednesday 17 May. Judging for any entries in Alderney, Sark & Herm will be agreed separately. The winners will be announced at a lunchtime ceremony for all the shortlisted entrants on Thursday 15 June.
Judging in Jersey will take place on Wednesday 24 May. The winners will be announced at a lunchtime ceremony for all the shortlisted entrants on Wednesday 28 June.
See last year’s winners in Jersey here
See last year’s winners in Guernsey, Herm, Sark and Alderney here
ENTRY NOW CLOSED
In the community