2015 Insurance Corporation Conservation Awards Judging
Our 2015 Insurance Corporation Conservation Awards are fast approaching, and we recently ventured out to meet all of the Guernsey entrants as a part of our judging process.
We’ve had another year of exciting entries to our 2015 Insurance Corporation Conservation Awards, making it once again a challenging judging process! We were joined again by Conservationists Angela Salmon and Vanessa Adams who brought their enthusiasm, experience and knowledge to the day.
- Nigel Clarke – who introduced his project on SAFE Gardening.
- Dennis Le Moignan – representing the eco flower basket watering system in St Peter Port Town Centre.
- Chris Le Tisser – who showed us through the many initiatives at Les Vardes Quarry by Ronez Ltd.
- Marguerite Talmage – from Edible Guernsey, who took us through the objectives to re-imagine the food landscape in Guernsey.
- Richard Strappini – who discussed his idea to create an improved pathway to Saints Bay coastline.
- 8 year old Enzo Crowson – who built a ‘bug hotel’ for insects and bugs to breed.
- Harvey Adams – who has begun tree planting around the KGV playing fields.
Winners will be announced on the 10th June for the following awards:
- Best Conservation Project
- Best Conservation Project Runner Up
- Manpower Awards
You’ll also be able to watch through videos of each entry and make your vote for the ‘Peter Walpole People Choice’ awards – details coming soon, so keep your eyes peeled!
In the community