GSPCA Build Handover Ceremony
On Friday 17th July we visited the GSPCA for their official ‘Build Handover Ceremony’, and had the opportunity to take a sneak peek of the latest building developments!
At the beginning of 2015, we were delighted to become ‘Build Partners’ with the GSPCA, helping them to build a new multi-purpose welfare building and raise the required £1.3 million funds to make their needs a reality.
It was a fantastic occasion and we were hugely impressed with the new facilities and both the quality and speed of the project!
By the end of the handover, it was clear that these developments were very much so necessary for the future of the GSPCA and their amazing efforts to care for our islands animal welfare.
Here is a list of just some of the exciting changes the team can look forward to:
- Innovative cat pens that interlink to offer the cats opportunity to engage and share their time at the GSPCA together. These pens also included different levels, outside areas and heated flooring to ensure comfort.
- A delivery room for deliveries and clearance
- A larger and modern laundry / laundry store room
- Intake rooms for RTA’s, mums and kittens and other multifunctional use
- 25 new pens in an upstairs section for public visits. These include underfloor heating and also LED lighting to lower previous costs significantly
- Quarantine facility
- Reception room
- A ‘meet and greet’ room for visitors to meet their adopted animals, and for staff to spend time with some of the animals and give them some attention
- One of the most pleasing additions to the new facilities that clearly delighted all staff members was disabled access to all areas, making it easy for visitors and opening opportunities to more volunteers!
We’re delighted to see this project become such a huge success, and look forward to following further developments and eventually seeing the animals and staff happily enjoying the facilities available.
In the community