Insurance Corporation Seek Local Conservationists Of All Ages
The deadline for entering the Insurance Corporation Conservation Awards is fast approaching. The competition is open to all environmentally conscious islanders with entries sought from schools, individuals, businesses, leisure and conservation organisations.
Entrants have the chance to win a variety of awards:-
- Overall winner – receiving £1,500
- Runner-up – receiving £1,000
- Peter Walpole People’s Choice Award – receiving £500 (which is voted for by the public through Insurance Corporation’s website)
- Young Conservationist of the Year Award – prize depends on size and scope of the project
- Manpower Award – a team from Insurance Corporation over a course of one day will lend a hand to further enhance or support a project
Where possible all shortlisted entries will be visited by a team of judges, which includes local environmentalists and representatives of Insurance Corporation, who will chose the prizewinners.
Entry forms are available HERE and must be made by 12 noon on Friday 6 May.
Judging will take place on Wednesday 18 May for Guernsey entrants, and Wednesday 25 May for Jersey entrants.
The Insurance Corporation Conservation Awards culminates with the winners being announced at a lunchtime ceremony for all the shortlisted entrants on Wednesday 29 June.
The winners will be announced at a lunchtime ceremony for all the shortlisted entrants on:
Thursday 16 June in Guernsey
Wednesday 29 June in Jersey
Last year’s top winners were:
Ronez, for the many green initiatives it has implemented at its quarry at Le Vardes. The company recently opened a nature walk around the quarry.
Shared jointly between: National Trust of Jersey for their work on the former Pontin’s Holiday Camp at Plemont and Little Feet Environmental, whose work removing marine debris from Jersey beaches greatly impressed judges.
In the community